Skip to main content

I'll Do It Better In My Next Thirty years

Today is doomsday. At 9:05 a.m on this very day thirty years ago my mother gave birth to me. I have done the "Holy crap, where did the years go?" I have done the "When did *I* get so freaking old?" I have cried and been mad and upset. I have looked at my life and realized it was NOT what I thought it would be at thirty. In both good and bad ways. I have run the gamut, so to speak and frankly now I am worn completely out. I am done.

I went through getting old sucks. I spent time reminiscing about Swatch watches from back in the day. I have shed tears over my babies not being babies anymore. I tired to stop thirty from coming and realized that it was inevitable. I even got my friends to realize that we are indeed getting old.

So today, as I move on in life and have to start checking a new box on forms, I still stand by my very first post on getting older. I think Tim McGraw has it right.

My Next Thirty Years

I think I'll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it's time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years

Hey my next thirty years
I'm gonna have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I've done
Maybe now I've conquered all my adolescent fears
And I'll do it better in my next thirty years

My next thirty years I'm gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I'm doing here
In my next thirty years

Oh my next thirty years, I'm gonna watch my weight
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers
Maybe I'll remember
My next thirty years

My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here
In my next thirty years

PS- One of my girls posted on her blog today as well.....check it out.

Comments

Dee said…
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

30 really isn't so bad is it? Seriously, I need to know because I only have 1 year and two months left before I get there. ;)
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday old lady
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday!

(Found you through NaBloPoMo...)
Abby said…
Um, Kyle, aren't you only like two weeks away (the 21 right??)?

Dee, do you want me to lie? I only cried 30 times yesterday. Once for each year I have been alive. LOL.
Judy said…
Oh, Abby, happy late birthday.

I already told Eric he better do something BIG for me on my big 3-0, 'cause it's going to be traumatic.

How much gray hair do you have, that's what I want to know. I'm finding more and more. Scary.

Hope you had a good one. I'm tipping back a glass of wine for you.
Abby said…
Um Judy, my hair color comes in a box! I have no gray hair. I refuse to see it so I began coloring my hair a few years ago, just in case. No gray hair for me, thankyouverymuch.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......