Skip to main content

Love Thursday

I spent my thirtieth birthday with my family. For a couple of years Mark and I have taken the kids to Crown Center around the holidays. They decorate for the holidays and Union Station is near by with the Link so you do not have to go outside to walk from Crown Center to Union Station. So we headed down there for the afternoon.

Our first stop was Fritz's. Now, if you have never been here you are missing out. They serve burgers, fries and that sort of food. But they deliver it by train. No kidding. The train drives around the top of the restaurant and drops your food off at your table. It is great. And if you have a child, like my boy, that is in love with trains, it is a dream come true. The kids ate well and had alot of fun at the same time.

Davis watching the train in the window.
P1010001

Emma wearing her train conductor hat.
P1010002

Davis deciding what to eat.
P1010003

Emma posing for a picture outside of Fritz's.
P1010005


Next, we went down to Santa's Crayola® Christmas Land. Neither of the kids wanted to sit on Santa's lap but they did play for a bit. Then Mark and I were ready for a coffee/hot tea break. While Mark got that for us I took Emma down to the barrel candy store. She picked out some suckers for her and Davis and we started our walk to Union Station.

Once at Union Station, we walked around, talked to the kids about what it used to beused for, saw the big train set up there (Did I mention Davis thought he had died and gone to train heaven?). Then we saw it. The big train that the kids can ride around a huge tree. Of course the kids took a ride on that. They had a blast.

P1010010

We headed back over to Crown Center to look in a few stores and then called it a day. On our way home we stopped in Brookside and got some frozen custard at Foo's Fabulous. It was a great way to spend my birthday.

My daughter told me as she was crawling into bed last night, so tired, "Thanks mom for taking us to Crown Center today. It was so much fun. Thank you for choosing to spend your birthday that way. With us."

Love is knowing, even at six, the right thing to say to cheer your old mom up.

Thank you Mark, Emma, and Davis for sharing your day with me. I can not think of a better way to bring on thirty years. I look forward to thirty more with all of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......