Skip to main content

Obsessed Over Cars

Today I ventured out with the masses again. We are having nice weather here and I was on a mission. One that I do not think I will complete.

I get myself all worked up. Once my kids get into something I become obsessed with it. Right now with Emma is it Littlest Pet Shops. Or Hello Kitty. Nothing too hard to find and this year I did a good job finding a bunch of it. Even the Target only tin with all the different pets, including the beloved ferret that she has been asking for for two years.

Davis is very into Cars right now. And seeing as to how I am super obsessed with these things and totally give into the marketing, I have been searching and finding various Cars related things for him for Christmas. The cool thing is he is getting a fleece blanket and a little suitcase both of which he can actually use.

My issue has been finding Cars wrapping paper. I think I will not find it. Which is okay. I have plain red paper and I got some stickers. So I can make my own paper. Yes, me kids get their Christmas gifts wrapped in their own paper which usually is a character that they are really into at the time. Emma picked Hello Kitty. Davis does not really care. It is his mom that is obsessed.

At least this year his birthday party theme will be easy. I have already found that they do indeed have a Cars cake pan and the food coloring set I will need to ice the cake too. And since his birthday comes up so quickly, (January 27...he will be THREE) I have to be on the ball.

Going out on the next to the last Saturday before Christmas looking for wrapping paper that is beyond impossible to find it just, well, overly obsessive. I need help.

Comments

karrie said…
Looks like people were selling it on eBay--I looked. Have you trie Toys R Us? They often have character themed wrapping paper.
karrie said…
Wait...wait

here
Abby said…
Yea....thanks. Call me a Scrooge but I hate to spend that much for wrapping paper. Terrible, I know. But Davis is only almost three and he will not care that mcuh really.

Now, for his birthday though.....I will buy it for his birthday.

I have not tried Toys 'R Us yet nor the Party America store we have here. After that, I am going with red paper and stickers.

Oh, but for Davis's birthday??? Oh no. I will got ALL out for that. LOL. I am scaring myself....

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

Shameless Confession

I love to read. I have since I was little. I also have a bad habit of getting completely engrossed in what I am reading. Getting so wrapped up that I can not put the book down until I know what happens. I am still this way. I have no self control when it comes to reading. That is not the shameless part. What is shameless is what I like to read. Chick lit. There I said. I like to read the mindless dribble that is chick lit. Not romance novels. Just your run of the mill chick lit. Over the past couple of weeks I have reignited my love of reading. And I gave into the chick lit. What is it about this genre that does me in? I have found that I enjoy the books that involve being a mom as well. Which makes sense. It is relateable on that level in some way. I can not quite put my finger on the draw. The last three books I have read, I have been able to identify with the main characters in some way. Seeing as to how they were all moms. I also seem to like (this is even more