Skip to main content

Still At A Loss

I am trying to find something to write about. I am trying to get the thoughts in my head out and on the screen. But nothing is working.

Maybe I have finally gotten to a point where I do not let things bother me as much anymore. Maybe I have finally reached a place of complete and utter contentment.

Mark got me a beautiful new Bible for Christmas. It is a French Moroccan leather, wide margin Bible. It is absolutely gorgeous. My mother in law got me special pens to I can mark in it and I wondered if I would ever be able to write in this particular Bible. This is going to be my special Bible and one that will mean more to me than any other Bible I have ever owned.

Some may think what a strange gift. Or, why did you want a Bible when you already have a few others? Or, all you got was a Bible? (Which is not the case, I also got some great new baking supplies that I desperately needed and wanted. And this Bible is not just any Bible, it is a wonderful and pricey Bible as well.) But I am not about what I got or how much it cost.

This Bible means more to me because it was given to me by my husband. It signifies things that I can not put into words because there are no words. It stands for something that no one but the two of us and our God can understand. It holds something so valuable, not only the truth and Word of God, which I personally hold very dear, but a love that Mark has for me that I can not begin to express. After the year we have had and what it has held for us not only as husband and wife but as a family, this new Bible signifies a new beginning.

The other night I finally took this precious gift out of its' box. I got my special pens and set out to just do it. I figured if I marked a verse or two it would become easier to mark more. I marked a few of my most special verses, figuring as time goes on I will rediscover verses that speak to me.

Maybe spending this time reading in the Bible has brought me a new sense of peace in life. Maybe combined with putting 2006 behind me and looking to 2007 for new adventures has helped as well. Maybe the truth of God's Word has finally sunk in.

As we get closer to the end of 2006 and the beginning of a new year, I make the following resolution for 2007. And it is the only resolution I need to make.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 3:13-14

No matter what comes my way in the year 2007, I will press on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......