Skip to main content

Kiki Strikes Again

Back in January, for Davis's second birthday my sister redid his room. From baby to big boy. My sister, Kiki, has an eye for doing these sorts of things. To see the results of her work on Davis's room you can click here to view them.

I had wanted to redo Emma's room for her birthday as well, back in March. We thought about finishing off the other half of our attic and moving the kids upstairs, so I waited. Then we thought about moving, so I put it off once again. I finally decided that it was time to fix it up some. I started looking for new window coverings. And lo and behold a few weeks ago I found some Hello Kitty shower curtains (fabric) on sale at Target. They had the matching shower hooks on sale as well and we were off for a new look for Emma's room. I put in a call to my decorator, the one and only Kiki and the pieces came together.

Today, Kiki and Uncle Patrick descended on Emma's room and worked their magic. After a few weeks of preparation and a few hours work at our house, Emma's room was transformed. It came complete with many special touches and it is full of things only her Kiki and Patrick can and would do.

Without any further ado, I give you Emma's new room.

A newly painted dresser and hutch with ALL of Emma's Care Bears. Notice the pink polka dots on the wall with Hello Kitty in the middle of some of them. Kiki's special touch.
P1010144

A custom bed cover, made by none other than Kiki.
P1010143

Yes that is a custom made, Hello Kitty night stand. Made by Patrick himself. The lamp shade is by Kiki.
P1010142

More polka dot walls and a new set up for all her dolls.
P1010141

New window treatments and a pink square with a Hello Kitty tin poster in it.
P1010140

Custom headboard, made by Kiki.
P1010139

Pretty cool huh? Yes, I know my kids have cool rooms. I know my sister has a unique talent for this and a special love for my kids to do it for them. And no you can not have her.

Thank you Kiki and Patrick for all your work. Mostly, thank you for being OUR Kiki and Patrick and for your love.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is the Kiki. It came together really well. I hope that she enjoys it. And I would do it all again in a heartbeat for either of them. Truly comes from a place of love. The headboard is cool huh? Nice place to relax and read a book. NO more Care bears! ;) Love you, Kiki
Abby said…
You totally and completely ROCK!
And the Care Bears were all me. Fulfilling my childhood want to own them all....sorry.

WE LOVE YOU!!!! Oddles....
Judy said…
OH, how awesome! And how great that you have a good family, that would do that kind of thing for you. I'm jealous.

Seeing your moldings, doors, and such, make me miss our farmhouse though. :( I remember you saying you lived in an older house, too.

That's also one of the good things about an older home - you can do what you want with it - paint the walls whatever colors you like. Glad to see others who aren't afraid of color!
Abby said…
Um, yea, color here. Our kitchen is bright yellow. Our bathroom is a deep purple as is the lower half of our dining room. Our computer room is red. Like KU Jayhawks red. The only room that is tame is the living room. It is a sponge affect of off white and tan color.

LOVE color! When we move, all the rooms will be getting color.
Judy said…
We really want to paint some of the walls of our house - Eric actually brought it up last night -but we both fear we won't actually be living here very long, so we're not sure. The boring white walls drive me bonkers!

Our last house had a bright pink, green and orange kitchen, Samantha's room had a different color on each wall and the floor, and Guthrie's room was striped like a stoplight!

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......