Skip to main content

Love Thursday

I met with my girlfriends last Friday night. These are the girls that I have known for years. And by years, I mean pretty much since the sixth grade. If you are counting, that makes it about eighteen years. These are my GIRLS.

We did a wine and snack night. We brought wine and snacks and sat down around Denise's table with our yummy snacks and delicious wine to do what else? Shoot the shit as I like to say.

GNO ~ Girl's Night Out~ usually consists of a few things. One, food. Two, drinks baby. Three, gossip. Yes we know it is wrong but we can not help ourselves okay. Four, confessions and actual deep conversation. And last week was no exception.

My posse consists of Denise, my bestest friend of eighteen years. Denise is the true love of my life. She is awesome and there are not enough words to describe her. Honestly. Denise is the kind of friend who there is not an adequate way to describe her. Shannon, whom I have also known for eighteen years. She worked on the yearbook with me and Shannon has more in common with me than I ever knew. Had we not sparked our friendship back up I would have truly missed out on knowing a wonderful soul. And it makes me sad to know I might have missed that but grateful I did not. Lisa I have known since high school, only about twelve years. However, we were editors together on our yearbook. We spent A LOT of time together our Senior year and became really good friends. She is a breath of fresh air. Annie, I have known for eighteen years as well. We became close in the eighth grade when we both worked in the library together. She is honest in a way that you do not find often. I love her realness and her ability to know when something is not right and sniff it out. Lastly, is Katie. I have also known her for eighteen years. Katie has an amazing strength. Her faith and strength have long been an inspiration to me. She also possess an amazing writing ability. Those are the girls.

Friday night we met, minus two. It is common for not everyone to make it. Katie lives out of town and has a young (GORGEOUS!) baby girl so she is usually only able to make it every once and a while. Annie had been out of town on business and needed some down time with her husband and son. So the other four of us met and carried on the tradition.

As we sat around the table at Denise's house I saw these girls, these women, who I have gone through everything with. These now women who have been through everything from giving birth, to losing a child, to getting married and getting divorced. Through troubles in marriage and trouble getting pregnant. We have seen it all.

As I drove home that night, I thought to myself, there is nothing better than having some girls. Sure, I love my husband and my kids. But honestly, sometimes you just need your girls. And this weekend I was reminded of how true that is. Sometimes, you just need your girls.

Happy Love Thursday Denise, Shannon, Lisa, Annie, and Katie. Thanks for being MY girls.

Comments

Amanda. said…
Happy (belated) Love Thursday!!

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......