Skip to main content

Easy Like Sunday Morning

I am not a dog person. Mark insisted on getting Emma a dog for her second birthday. He went to Wayside Waifs and put in an application on a puppy. I had refused to go knowing that I would want to bring home a whole army of pets. Mark's only stipulation was to get a smallish dog. My mistake. We got approved for the dog. It was a Labrador Retriever and Brittany Spaniel mix. We went to pick her up....and she was already big. That was almost five years ago and Isabelle still resides in our home. All 50ish pounds of her chocolate Lab/Brittany Spaniel glory.

This dog is not normal. She never has been. Izzy lays on HER couch and she prefers to lay her precious head on the pillow. And the dog snores. And she runs in her sleep. She provides Mark and I with a lot of entertainment in the evenings as we sit on the other couch watching t.v. and periodically making fun of the dog.

Isabelle is easy like Sunday morning.

P1010104

Oh yeah, she is easy like Sunday morning...

P1010105

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm not a dog person,but she's a cutie!
Judy said…
Precious puppy. You're making me miss ours. I'm allergic, and we had an outdoor dog, and couldn't bring her with us when we moved. :(

I may look into taking allergy meds so we can get another dog someday, though. I loved our Golden Retriever - Lily.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......