Skip to main content

Halloween is OVER...Can we start Christmas now?!?!

Let me begin this by saying I detest Halloween. Seriously. If I could skip it, I would. I will admit that I am seriously afraid of the dark. That is the first part. Second, when I was younger I was scared out of my gourd by a lady answering her door for Trick or Treaters dressed as a witch saying she was cooking little kids in a big pot down in her basement. I told Emmaline this year why I did not like Halloween and she was......not sympathetic. She told me I was PATHETIC. "Um, well if that happened to me mom, I would have known she was just joking around. I mean, it is Halloween and she was just dressing up and having fun." And yes, I was actually OLDER than Emmaline when this happened. Every since I was tiny I was not a fan of dressing up and Trick or Treating. Mark said it was because my parents always had candy and it was not a big deal. I am not sure what he meant by that. My parents did often have candy and such in my house and we were allowed it. It was not some sort of taboo thing. I was even sick one year on Halloween and was happy about it. As in I was sick and not able to go Trick or Treating. Score for me.

Then I had kids. And what was I supposed to do? If I had it my way I would not go out of the house on Halloween. Luckily this year we went to my mother in laws house and the kids Trick or Treated around there and she took them. So I did get to stay in the house and not have to see any scary costumes.

Here are some pictures. Davis was not into dressing up even though all it was was the Thomas overcoat thing to be a train conductor. And he would not wear the hat. Emma was a Princess this year. She is a princess every day so I am not sure how this was dressing up or anything for her. She was really just herself.

P1010074
Emmaline as a Princess.

P1010084
Davis in his one picture. Look quick.

P1010088
Emma in all her glory.

P1010086
Dude...... I am with mom. Halloween is for the birds.

P1010091
My kids with Tia , I hope she is okay with me posting this. Yes, I know she is beautiful. I am just glad she is my sister. And yes she was dressed up as she was going to a party.

So, can we get out the Christmas decorations yet?

Comments

Sean Carter said…
The pics are really cute... You got a very sweet family... And it seems that you are really excited about Christmas... Take a look at my Christmas Blog to check out some really cool stuffs and unique ideas

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......