Skip to main content

Two For One

My post from earlier was short. And for what it is worth I DID go vote and I did get the movie.

I also had my yearly girly visit. I have decided there is nothing more humiliating than going to the ob/gyn for your yearly exam. First, I have to wait FOREVER at my doctor. Fine. Then, they call me back. And what do I have to do first? Step on the scale. I think the scale at the doctor is a very confused scale. Because today the nurse kept moving the things and moving them more. She finally stopped, way too late. Either my thyroid med needs tweaking or I need to go on a diet.

Then, for me, it is the blood draw. For the thyroid. Off to the bathroom next for the peeing in the cup. Luckily I am so used to this that I no longer pee on my hand. Bonus. After that is when you are directed to your room. Where you are told to strip naked and put on the "easy access" gown. At my doctor's office you get to strip naked under horrific fluorescent lights in front of a huge full length mirror. As if being weighed and being depressed about the number that came out of that was not enough, now I had to get totally nude and see my fat ass. Excellent. Only to sit on the table and wait some more. And what was I waiting for? Oh yes. The best part of the entire visit. The part where my doctor comes in and asks me to lie back on the table, butt clear to the end, feet in stirrups, legs spread eagle. While in this position, my doctor feels me up (checking for lumps I know, but she is still feeling me up). After that is when my doctor gets the "tool" and prepares for the exam. I always tell her, "To the back left." Which is where my uterus is. Only I was confused, it is to the right. In which case today, my doctor had to find it herself BEFORE using said instrument to jack it all open. I love how they use little car jacks for your PAP smear. Finally it was all over. I did decide today though that there is nothing more humiliating and depressing than my yearly exam. I do not like being a woman.

I have been going for my yearly exams since I was 18. So this was either number eleven or number twelve. Not to mention two pregnancies. I have spent entirely too much of my time in that office. But alas, I do have the two kids and that is the reason for this post.

Here are my babies from this weekend. Cuddled up together sharing the blanket. They are pure joy really. And I am lucky to be their mom. *Even if I did have to endure all those visits to the ob/gyn.*

P1010093

P1010092

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......