Skip to main content

Who is the Author of Your Story?

Last weekend was a crazy busy weekend. It was one of those things where, I made plans for Saturday. Then I had plans for Sunday. Then I was asked if we could do something Saturday night. Then, Sunday night. Soon our whole weekend was full. It was crazy.

But one of the things on our List was to go to my husband's aunt;s house Sunday evening. Steve Saint was going to be in town talking to a church and my sister in law had invited him and his wife over for some food and talking. Now if you do not know who Steve Saint is, you can click the link and read about him. Fascinating story. He spoke at our church for a The Summit conference in September. My sister in law got me a copy of his book, End of the Spear, and had him sign it for me. That book was made into a movie. It was a great book and it was inspiring to me.

Here is a man whose father was killed being a missionary. He went to the people that killed his own father and not only befriended these people, the Waodani, but lead them to God. Not only did Steve suffer the loss of his father at a young age but then he lost his only daughter later in life. Steve, when he speaks, has this rawness about him. I have seen many people speak, even the great Billy Graham, in my lifetime. But no one has ever told their story like Steve Saint tells his.

I read his book on my trip to Chicago. Sat on the plane crying. It is such a moving life story. And you can tell that Steve Saint put his trust in God and let Him write the story because it is most certainly not the story line he would have chosen for himself.

I met Steve and his wife, Ginny, last weekend. They are amazing, humble people. It was truly a joy to meet these people one on one. What an inspiration.

As Steve said many times in his book, when he was speaking and when we met him over the weekend, it is not HIS story. It is God's story. All he did was write the words. I realized that I have to let God write MY story. To give Him the pen and let Him. He will anyway.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
~Hebrews 12:2~

Comments

Anonymous said…
your children are adorable...I love the header on your blog. It's a lovely picture...I like that you can't see the kids faces...it makes you wonder about their plans for their day.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Ten Weeks, 209 days to go?!?!?

Here is the ten week shot y'all. If one more person asks if I am having twins, I am going to hurt them. Maternity clothes make me look even bigger but my regular clothes are not really fitting. I think I am at that stage where I just look like I have gained a lot of weight. Not fun really. Over 200 hundred days to go? Yikes. This summer should be fun.

De-Lurking Week

I forgot too that it was delurking week. Thanks for reminding me Amanda . Here you go... And by that I mean, if you are reading, leave a comment. Anyone can leave comments you just have to click anonymous and sign your name. My sister does it all the time. Come on, you know you want to......