Skip to main content

How Abby Stopped Thirty From Coming

Yes indeed. In a mere three weeks I will be turning thirty. Um, just a moment, @#*%$#@@#*()(&%$#%
Okay, I am better now.

I am not looking forward to it. I have made several different posts on turning thirty. Hell, I even have a whole label called Getting Older.

Getting old sucks. My body does not work in the way it once did. In SOOOO many ways. I can not tolerate the food I once was able to (Toxic Hell at midnight is a definite no no). The food I do eat, hangs around on my body in a way it once did not (Hellooooooooo, fat ass). I get aches and pains much easier that I ever did. It just plan sucks.

Then I thought maybe I should be more optimistic about this. I mean after all, I can not stop it from coming anymore than the Grinch could stop Christmas. I could try. But sure enough I would be holding hands with all the Who's down in Who-ville and we would be singing,
"Fah who for-aze! Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Birthday,
Please go away! Welcome, Welcome
Fah who rah-moose.
Welcome, Welcome!
Dah who dah-moose! T
hirty is in my grasp.
Oh well, what a bunch of crap."
And then we would all sit down and eat our roast beast.

Just as the Grinch learned that Christmas did not come from a store; that maybe it meant a bit more. Maybe turning thirty is more than just a number on a piece of paper. Maybe it has more to do with what I look like now or what I can not eat. Maybe it does not hold what I thought it would ten years ago. Maybe turning thirty means I have two beautiful kids and a loving husband. Maybe turning thirty means I get to stay at home and take care of my family. Maybe turning thirty means I can look back on my life and smile and see that getting older is not so bad. I do not think I would want to be eighteen again. I will embrace my age. I can not stop it from coming. I can not change it. It will happen no matter what I do or how much I try to will it away. So sing with me now...

"Welcome Thirty
While we stand
Heart to heart
And hand in hand.
Fah who for-aze
Dah who dor-aze
Welcome welcome
Abby's
Birthday."

And before you ask, YES, I do make thirty look good.

Comments

Udge said…
Great blog title! good luck with the rest of the month, and that turning 30 thang. It's not so bad, and a whole lot better than the only known alternative.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome, Little One

Both mommy and baby are doing very well. These are just a few from earlier today. More to follow later.

Sometimes There Are No Words

Last night I met a new friend. Let me preface this by saying I have made exactly ONE new friend in the last ten years. This makes number two. My Babycenter and Blogging friend Amanda , was having a conference in KC. We made plans to meet up. I felt a bit odd. Here I was making plans to meet someone I only knew from the Net. But Mark thought it was perfectly great and even said for me to stay out as long as I wanted. He said it was not as if I was meeting up with someone I saw often. Stay out and talk and have fun. So I did. I made plans to meet with Amanda. I knew we had a lot in common. Both from the board and from reading her blog. I knew she was someone who if she lived closer to me we could hang out. But I was a bit apprehensive. Here was someone who only knew me through the computer. So many what if's , right? Mark was actually the one who said I should meet with her, if only for a little while. So, I picked Amanda up at her hotel and off we went to Fooleries. Great place to ...

Why Choose It?

Judy posted a comment about being jealous at two weekends away from the kids. About how she figured it would be a long time before she got that chance. I have to admit, I thought better her than me to have the new baby. After our two weekends away and Mark joking that it was his ploy to convince me to not have anymore, I have to say.....I think it worked. After thinking about it and being able to get away so easily because the kids are bigger, I could not help but think, why go back and do it all again? If you had a choice between going out of town for the weekend or being stuck, tied down to a newborn who was feeding from your breasts every two hours and waking every three ,which would you choose? To which one might say why ever have kids at all.....fine. I have TWO. I have done it TWICE. Not only that, but for anyone who cares about it, I have one of each. One is almost seven, the other almost three. Granted Davis is not potty trained yet, but he does change his own diaper sometimes...